Wednesday, January 27, 2010

#4

Finally, we're on the mend. The inflamation is way down, the infection is almost gone and Dr. Spector said on Monday I was about 80 percent better. I'm still on antiobiotics for another week -- at least. I'm back to work, though putting in short days, and wearing the highly fashionable surgical boot. And I'm soaking the foot twice a day in epsom salts then applying a topical ointment and wrapping it up with gauze and tape.

I do miss running. Also, I'm a bit worried, as National Half Marathon is creeping closer and I want to run well there, mostly because I was accepted into the elites. Red Fox suggested a good post-injury training plan, but I will not get into any of that until I get some sort of green light. The main holdup, I believe, will be this cut/gash/wound in the metatarsal; it's been drained twice and is now about an inch deep. How long will that take to heal? (I'd rather not think about it.)

I see the doc again on Friday. He might give me the green light to get on a bike. Maybe, too, these so palpably self-absorbed posts will come to an end.

No comments: