Sunday, December 19, 2010

Training Dec. 13-19

"If people get drunk it is not my responsibility. They should drink responsibly." -- Haile Gebrselassie on his latest endorsement: Johnnie Walker.

Commercial

Monday - 10

Tuesday - 10

Wednesday - 9 - 30 minutes outside, 30 minutes on treadmill with progressive incline, leg weights

Thursday - 11

Friday - 6 (dog tired), stretching, some weights

Saturday - 10

Sunday - 17 - Took Rock Creek Parkway up the hill to Calvert Street then up a long hill on Cleveland Ave.; turned around at National Cathedral. Faster on the way back.

Total - 73

Comments: I finished my second course, Writing For Convergent Media, as part of my journalism master's degree at American University on Saturday. Working + Grad School has run me fairly ragged: The past two weeks are some of the first for me when I felt like I just didn't have the time to train, so I guess I'm just happy that I have been able to get anything in. Glad we get a bit of a winter break. Still not quite ready to lay out my upcoming training-slash-racing plans. I will say, however, that I am going to focus on speed this spring - chipping away at the slow 10k time I posted last week - and prepare for MCM this fall. My training cycle for MCM, however, will not be as long as others have been, as I have realized that long marathon-specific cycles are simply not working for me the way they work for other people. My MCM prep will be 12 weeks, including taper.

1 comment:

chaco sandals said...

"If people get drunk it is not my responsibility. They should drink responsibly." -- Haile Gebrselassie
love this quote from your blog.