Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Decision

Last night, I went to the track, stretched out my hip flexor, ran a mile easy, ran a mile a little faster:5:50. The tightness/pain in my hamstring was about the same as it was in the morning. Afterward, I met with Sarah and she stretched me out. I knew where this was going ...

This morning: the test, the run we make a decision after. I ran 57 minutes, at least 8 miles, with basically no problems. Afterward, I made phone calls, I talked to my wife ... the feedback was all pointing me in the same direction.

I have the advantage of being able to see Sarah, who will be in Chicago, on Friday and Saturday.

I'm going.

7 comments:

Andy said...

NICE! Let's hope it stays this way. It'll be a huge boost to the team as a whole, not just the Chicago-bound runners, to see you running this race.

KLIM said...

Lead us!

Dickson Mercer said...

Thanks, Andy. The encouragement from my teammates the last couple days has provided a real boost. I'll do my best, Jake.

Lynette said...

f-yeah! you can do it, dickson! i'm so proud of you!

Dickson Mercer said...

Thanks, Lynette!

Joe Wiggy said...

Its all you Dix!!! TIME TO GET NASTY!

Ian Hankins said...

sometimes adversity puts your mind off the race and leads you to a lifetime best, my junior year I missed 3 weeks of training and that meant no exercise at all and ended up running a 10k pr, the week I came back. Good Luck its been a pleasure training with all the Chicago guys the past few months.