Monday, September 27, 2010

Training Sept. 20-26

Taper Week One

Pete Pfitzinger's taper plan



See Pfitz here



Monday - 11

Tuesday - 10

Wednesday - 15 (5,10) PM: 15 by 20 seconds on, 40 seconds off on grass in West Potomac Park

Thursday - 10

Friday - 12 - I had a 5-mile tempo run scheduled but dialed the effort WAY down because it was so hot and muggy. Did a loop in Hains Point in 28:18. Kept it totally easy, and I think the fact that I felt no lingering effects of this workout on Saturday and Sunday were signs that I did it right. One way to look at it: 28:18 is slower than I will go through five miles in Chicago. Another way to look at it: If the weather in Chicago ends up being like it was on Friday, it is not.

Saturday - 12 (9.3) -- Easy shakeout after I got home from class.

Sunday - 17 - peppy run from the line with GRC

No comments: