Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Training July 12-18

Monday - PM 13 ... Back in D.C. Ran with Jake Klim and Robert Jarren.

Tuesday - 18 (10,8) ... Got caught in a thunderstorm. Quite a downpour. Didn't really care.

Wednesday - 16 (4,12) ... PM: Met a big group at the BCC track for 6 by 1,000. I worked mainly with Karl Dusen, Joe Wiegner and Charlie Ban. The conditions were odd: the temps were down a bit but the humidity was off the charts. I don't think I have ever sweat so much, and it made my legs feel pretty dead; with that in mind, I tried to keep everything very much under control. 3:05, 3:05, 3:02, 3:04, 2:59 ... Lap jog for rest.

Thursday - 16 (9,7)

Friday - AM 13 with Patrick Murphy

Saturday - Visiting friends in Frederick for the weekend. Ran an easy 10 through former stomping grounds.

Sunday - PM 20 ... Ran from my apartment, did two loops in Hains Point, crossed 14th St. Bridge, ran past Reagan Airport, returned and continued to Memorial Bridge, Mall, added some in neighborhood ... I started to pick it up after about 20 minutes, once I reached Hains Point, and I gradually ratcheted up the pace. Was able to get a few splits: 6:30 pace on the first loop through Hains Point, 6:20 on the second; 5:55 on the way out to Reagan, 5:50 coming back. Continued as such. Shut it down at two hours and cooled down for 10 minutes. This was pretty good considering how hot it was (even at that hour). My shoes were making that squishing, waterlogged sound, to give you an idea.

Total - 106

1 comment:

Eric said...

hi dickson, nice post & good blog, i think u must try this site to increase traffic. have a nice day & keep blogging!!!