Monday, April 19, 2010

Training April 12-18

Good news: Got a late entry into the Broad Street 10-miler in Philly, so I'll head up there with some GRC teammates on May 2. The week after that I'll travel to New Jersey for my hometown race, a 5-miler. This is about getting a starting point.

Monday - 10

Tuesday - AM 3 PM 10

Wednesday PM 6 by 1600 with Charlie Ban, Jimmy D, Mike C and Dirk. I ran 5:11-12 across the board and felt like I was aerobic until about halfway through the last interval. Makes me think the edge of 5:20 pace at Broad Street is realistic.

Thursday - AM 8

Friday - AM 9

Saturday - AM 12

Sunday - AM 17

Total - 79

I planned to train more on Thursday and Friday -- and I would have liked to have done a workout on Saturday -- but I did something funny to my knee during the Wednesday workout, and this is hardly the time to roll the dice. I'm glad, though, to be able to train through something, even if it means I have to cut back a little.

No comments: