Sunday, August 2, 2009

July 27 - Aug. 2

Monday - AM 10 PM 4
Tuesday - 13 easy

Wednesday - Worked out on track with Dirk De Heer, Karl Dusen and Patrick Murphy. Workout was 2 sets of 3 times 1K. Rest was 200 meter jog between intervals and a 600 jog between sets. Drafting off a very talented group, I ran my best 5k-10k-style workout in quite some time, averaging 3:02. Averaging this for 6 by 1K is much better than 16:10 on the roads, and it makes me remember how much I used to love running on the track in college. After struggling through XC and putting in a big winter break, in the spring (finally) I would find a groove. Can I go sub 16 in New Jersey Aug. 8? - 11

Thursday - PM 10 on treadmill
Friday - AM 12 PM 5

Saturday - 10 with team. Some of us were hurting some from Christopher Raabe's victory party the night prior, but I don't think we ran like it.

Sunday - 18 with team. We ran through the roads of Rock Creek Park and got nailed by a rainstorm. Felt a bit tired today. The goal was to go 20, but by 2 hours my body had had enough. Went to a late Saturday night movie and the lack of sleep hurt me. Reminds me of what the narrator says in the "Big Lebowski" ... Well, sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, the bar eats you.

Total - 93

After seven straight weeks up -- 72 to 93 --I will come down a bit next week (80) and then begin a true marathon buildup.

No comments: