Monday, March 3, 2014

Boston Training Week #9

February 24 - March 2

M - AM 6, around Lincoln Park. PM gym, 6 on treadmill

T - 10

W - PM 15, with Patrick, Matty, Kerry

Th - AM 5 ... had a PM run planned but had to skip it

F - 13, with Capitol Hill Distance Project

S - 14.5 Tempo. Started at The Line in Rock Creek Park with Charlie and we ran the 4.3 miles down to the Pierce Mill gate, where we met Evan and Balmer. Plan was a six-mile tempo, out and back on Beach, at 5:25 pace, with a little bit of an incline early and downhill late.


 After about a mile and a half we started to split up, with Charlie gapping us. By the turnaround, we were all about even, but on the way back we started to spread out: Balmer, Charlie, Evan, me. I wasn't able to hit the hoped-for pace but ran pretty steady and was happy with the workout.

5:37, 5:41, 5:36, 5:41, 5:33, 5:41 - ~33:45

S - 21 - I returned to the Line and ran with Luke, Jake, and Outlaw. Did Stefan's loop, where, starting from the Line, you head up to Georgetown Branch, go down the CCT, back up the Rock Creek Parkway trail, pass the Pierce Mill gate, and continue up Beach. When feeling good, I like to approach marathon pace after I pass the Pierce Mill gate. And I did feel good, energy-wise, but my foot started rebelling, sort of recoiling every 6 to 10 steps. I iced it afterward and it felt fine today. I guess I just asked a bit too much of it this weekend. I will do this route one more time before Boston and make it 22.

Total - 90

No comments: