Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Boston Training Week #6

February 3 - 9

Monday to Thursday I wore a boot and also applied a topical gel called Voltaren in the mornings and evenings. By Wednesday, my foot was feeling a lot better: I could walk around normally during the few minutes after I woke up when I didn't have the boot on. Monday and Tuesday, I didn't take a step without it.

F - 30 minutes. I could feel the area a little bit but it didn't get worse during the first 30 minutes. Was it inflamed or weak? The eight days off did me no favors.

Sat - 45 minutes. Feeling a little better.

Sun - 60 minutes. Emily and I went to Burke Lake, where the guys trained a week earlier, and I felt like I was running again. While Emily finished her long run (~22 in 3:15; this will be her longest run for DC RnR), I read the entire New York Times and made a sandwich and Swiss bakery run. (No, Ryan McGrath, faithful reader, I did not run on the ice.)


I am not entirely in the clear yet. Monday, I woke up, after a whole day feeling fine, and the foot didn't feel great.

I can't wait around for it to be perfect. I can't just ignore it, either.

No comments: