Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dec. 27 - Jan. 2

Monday - 0 - Travel, work

Tuesday - 13.5 (4,9.5)

Wednesday - 14 (3,11) PM - BCC - Mile cutdowns, lap jog for rest: 5:22, 5:18, 5:17, 5:05, 4:59. Felt comfortable.

Thursday - 10 (6,4) AM sore, 8-minute pace PM still easy

Friday - 10 - team run from Line

Saturday - PM 7

Sunday - Long run with team from Riley's Lock on C&O Towpath. Good group. Natural surfaces. Cool weather, some rain. ~16 miles (6:48 avg.) Got a Garmin watch for Christmas! Check out the data.

Total - 70

Comments: As far as running goes, 2010 was not a good year for me. I got injured in January, missed 5 weeks. When I started training again in February, I came back feeling surprisingly strong - but a warm day nixed any chance I had of running well at the Broad Street 10 Miler. Just to confirm that I was in decent shape, the following week I ventured home to New Jersey to run my hometown race, where I managed to run 26 and some seconds for five miles, solo, amidst huge winds. After that, I basically started cranking it in preparation for the Chicago Marathon; I put together a 20-week plan ... It fell apart 10 days before the race, when I came down with an odd case of sciatica I wasn't quite able to shake. DNF. In 2009 I won a marathon, ran my fastest marathon since 2006 and ran a personal best in the half marathon. 2010 brought no such luck, but I'm hopeful about 2011 ... With it, pretend training now comes to an end.

No comments: