Monday, September 7, 2009

Training Aug. 31 - Sept. 6

Monday - AM 10 PM 6
Tuesday - AM 12 PM 4

Wednesday - 15 minutes easy, 20 minutes at marathon effort, 2 minutes easy, 15 minutes at a faster effort, 2 minutes easy, 10 minutes at a faster effort, 2 minutes easy, 5 minutes hard, 35 minutes easy - 16 ... This was an out-and-back effort from SW to the Capital Crescent to the C&O Canal. Though I have listed the intended efforts, this was definitely a feel thing, meaning my legs were fairly dead and I worked through it. I only took a couple splits on the C&O and both were sub 6, which isn't bad for this kind of continuous, solo, morning effort.

Thursday - AM 11 PM 5
Friday - AM 13
Saturday - AM 11
Sunday - AM 22 ... Emily joined me on a bike. I tend to have really solid workouts when she does this, as I can drink water every 20 minutes or so. I wanted a flat, stop light-free route that would allow me to run at a good rhythm and do some near-pace work. By the time we hit the Capital Crescent Trail I was running sub-6 pace at a smooth, fairly conversational effort. We made it all the way to where the trail hits downtown Bethesda (the end?) and turned back. Interestingly, at about 2 hours, as we were emerging from the trail into Georgetown, I sort of bonked and more or less shuffled the last half hour to the apartment. I think it was a simple case of running out of fuel, having not eaten any breakfast (bad mistake, never again) or any gels. Lesson learned.

Total -110

That caps a month of 96, 103, 106, 110. I am going to come down for two weeks before the Philadelphia Distance Run and then start a new cycle for the Philadelphia Marathon on Nov. 22. Ahead are two flat, fast courses -- and hopefully two PRs.

No comments: